Terang’s Modern Mortuary ParlourDecember 14, 2018
From the Terang Express, 17th August 1951
With many thanks to the Terang & District Historical Society Inc
One of the most modern mortuary parlors in Victoria has just been completed by Mr. K. L. Macqueen, a Terang funeral director.
Located in High Street, it is an imposing double-storey brick structure. The interior of the building is tastefully furnished, the floors being covered with burgundy carpets; all the walls are painted cream.
An outstanding feature of the large chapel, which has accommodation for a congregation of more than 50 people, is the fine sand-blasted window, which measures 10 feet by five feet. Recessed in the walls are loud speakers through which music will be amplified for funeral services. Furnishings in the chapel include chrome chairs, with burgundy upholstery.
Other sections of the parlor are a ‘slumber room’, office and reception hall.
The building, which includes residential quarters, was designed and built by Mr. Macqueen himself.